More and more people have turned to microdermabrasion in Virginia Beach, VA, as their spa treatment of choice to improve skin texture, brightness, and renewal. Microdermabrasion is a skin-exfoliating treatment that is low risk with a rapid recovery time (compared to the other more invasive skin resurfacing methods). Because microdermabrasion results in a superficial depth of skin removal, it works best to improve conditions on the skin’s surface, such as fine lines, early sun damage, age spots, acne, and superficial scarring.
If you’re considering microdermabrasion as your next spa treatment, here are the most frequently asked questions about the procedure:
- It is an easy, quick, and painless cosmetic treatment with minimal risk and no downtime.
- It helps to exfoliate the surface layer of skin using abrasion and suction.
- It uses fine crystals or minute, diamond-studded tips to rub the skin and vacuum suction to remove dead skin cells.
- It is low risk with a rapid recovery, requiring no needles or anesthesia.
- It can help improve skin appearance by reducing early sun damage, mild acne marks, and fine lines.
- Microdermabrasion is typically repeated every three to four weeks for optimal results.
- Your skin may become smoother after one treatment and can better absorb skin products.
- It is an affordable professional treatment, averaging $100-$200 per treatment.